Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Favorite Lamps

Sometimes life can hand you a challenge
When we moved, nothing broke but my favorite lamp shade was ripped.  I was disappointed, I packed so carefully.  Well, it's just a shade, it will still look pretty and it means so much to me.  My best friend and mom shopped with me so many times at the shop where we got this.  It brings a happy feeling when I see it!


Here it is in all its glorious beauty



My other favorite, is it's campanion.  It sits atop my hubby's lamp





 Two lovely lamps I got at my favorite mall in Winter Park are these lovely lamps of a Mrs. and Mr.  







They sit on our dresser gracing us with their light.
My next favorite is this lovely lamp that my I traded with my best friend.

It sits on top of my suitcase, that yes my best friend Cindy and I got together on our last shopping trip before I left Orlando!

My last favorite light (in this room) is my crystal chandy from Spain!  Again, I found this in Winter Park at Halley's Antique Mall.

To me it just brings a great elegance to our room

Thank you all for your kind comments and support this past month!  I went with my gut and took a great job managing clinical staff in a specialty practice (right back to my roots).  It is a large practice and they are expecting great things.  I am praying I can deliver!
Joining these wonderful parties,
Di
 Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #93 tinypic
Boogieboard Cottage  Want to add a little "grey" to your dey? Then meet me here every Thursdey! 

Ivy and Elephants Join the fun here each Wednesday! 

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Di, I am sorry to hear your favourite lamp was torn in the move. Will you be able to recover the lamp?
    You have such a wonderful array of lamps, but I have to say, I really loved your Spanish chandelier, it is stunning.
    It was a pleasure to see your bedroom. You must love it, as it looks like a very tranquil place to be.
    Best Wishes to you,
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lamps, and lighting fixtures -- what a shame your shade was torn. Can you just turn that side to the wall? (Now you know MY solutions to problems!)
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful lighting. I too would just turn the shade. there is a mending glue for rips in fabric. It's not like new, but works. Your decor is so pretty and inviting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di