Wednesday, October 9, 2013

GREY, GREY so beautiful



 Grey or gray is an intermediate color between black and white, a neutral or achromatic 

color, meaning literally a color "without color." It is the color of a cloud-covered sky, 

of ash and of lead.


Well, Anne Sloan has Paris Grey and I love it!  I took a chair back and made it into a pin board or bulletin board.  It was RED velvet.  
 First spritz with water and start painting, I used graphite and the fabric and paris grey on the wood


 It did take 2 coats to cover the red velvet; I then took the Paris Grey and covered the wood.  I highlighted the beautiful nails and corbels with the silver guilding wax.



 I then used Olde White paint and stenciled a fleur de les
 My final step was to use dark wax and seal the board!


 My cool display board!  Yes Grey is a beautiful color...Di
Joining 
Want to add a little "grey" to your dey? Then meet me here every Thursdey!  fine craft guild logo 

8 comments:

  1. very cool indeed! i love this transformation. cleverly done! happy grey dey! so happy you joined in! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the painted fabric, but I cringed when I saw the painted over walnut wood. Sigh. Sorry, I'm just a purist when it comes to American walnut with that marvelous patina it once had. I do like the idea of a the chair back repurposed into a bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh! What a fun and fabulous idea for repurposing! Would never have thought to paint the fabric of the chairback. Love painted wood too and fleur de lis too. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh may!! that is stunning. you are becoming more and more creative!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Di
    I love your bulletin board!
    What a fabulous idea to use that beautiful old chair back - upcycled with grey paint, waxing and perfectly finished with the french fleur de lis!
    Visiting from Grey Dey Thursdey.
    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GREYT! I love it sooo much! I have painted fabric but not velvet. I want to make one of these now. I am over from Grey Day Thursdey and definitely following along now. Hope you will stop by and check out my blog sometime.
    Amber @junkaholicsunanimous

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great upcycle - love it! The fleur de lis finished it off nicely. I found your pretty pin board over at the Junkers Unite party.
    Marie@InteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di