Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Sight of Waterfalls

We went to Highlands North Carolina and the waterfalls were just fabulous!!  The Gray's in the rocks around the gushing water are beautiful.  The White foaming water lovely and the greens just wonderful.   I treasure the color and sights I see.  My mom had macular degeneration and now I have the early diagnosis of it.  
.This causes a loss of vision in the center of the visual field.  I am trying not to freak out but I watched my mom lose out on enjoying reading, looking at pictures and watching movies.  For every moment I have clear vision I am thankful and am enjoying every color and beautiful face.
There were so many beautiful paths and waterways, fall brings out the special colors of the day
This curtain of water looked so beautiful from the road, we had to climb down and get closer

Hubby stood close to the water and it was awesome!  Curtain of water is misting everything around him.
The fun thing was everything was bigger than life!  That street sign was huge


The next falls was even better!!  To walk under the falls, the trails were so fun to walk on and the little fairy land hideaways were magical



 Here is  Bridal Veil Falls it looks like tears from heaven.  The tears against the gray rocks cast a beautiful rainbow.



A rainbow on the rocks cast beautiful images of gold flecks on the rocks.  The shades of gray go light to dark.  I just happened to wear gray this day!!
The beautiful day was a gift that I enjoyed so much!  I value the sights I see everyday.    I am taking special "eye" vitamins and checking my eye chart daily.  Good news is I follow up in a year and will teasure each beautiful scene.   Di
Joining


Fabulously creative friday linky party every thursday!  Boogieboard Cottage
Photobucket  Want to add a little "grey" to your dey? Then meet me here every Thursdey!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been to the Highlands in years--it is a beautiful place--that's for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. how gorgeous all those "natural "greys" are! and a rainbow too? well...just lovely. sigh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you have this early diagnosis. Hopefully more will be discovered to help you.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di