Sunday, November 3, 2013

Kitchen Greys


The different patina's of grey in my kitchen delight me!

A sweet surprise of this little nest makes me giggle when I glance over while cooking.  It really was so easy.  I put a little glue on the moss and hot glued the eggs on.  Easy Peasey!

The different hues of the silver gives my spoon rack a charming vintage accent.  I painted this sixties spoon rack with paris grey followed by olde white.


My breadbox has developed it's own greyish patina over the years, it makes me love it even more.  And the seltzer bottles, love their silver tops.
There is a ring of silver on this sweet butter pat.  This butter pat has a special story.  My mom and I would shop and we would buy a butter pat, but for some reason we could never find them when we got home.  When I was doing her estate, I found this sweet one (the only one either of us had!) and knew it would come home with me.


My stove grate is a fun find from shop on the side of the road!!  And my sweet bread board a fun reminder of a family reunion at THE FARM in Linville Falls, NC.  More on that memory in a later post.  I hope your week is filled with joy and some great memories of your favorite finds.
Di

..Twigg studios Want to add a little "grey" to your dey? Then meet me here every Thursdey!
INSPIRE ME TUESDAY TUESDAYS THE SCOOP KNICK OF TIME TUESDAY VINTAGE INSPIRATION  OPEN HOUSE THURSDAYS HOMEWORK WEDNESDAYRooted In Thyme

9 comments:

  1. The ladles are wonderful. Beautiful pieces grow better with age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for those old spoon display racks. Love the ladle nest. The butter pat is adorable. The bread box has that rusty, crusty patina that i crave in all things vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that bread box. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di,
    Love, love, love all of your kitchen greys!!!
    The tarnished silver caught my eye!
    Visiting from Marty's!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the patina that silver takes on is always so wonderful to see. Love your spoon rack and your bread box is fabulous too. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wee nest is truly the best!

    Have a lovely fall week!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog from Marty's A Stroll Thru Life! Love your kitchen and your greys!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di