Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Memories


Christmas Memories of days gone by.  Tinsel, frosted windows and pin curls.  Waiting for Santa and dreaming of presents under the tree.  Waking up before my parents and sneaking down to peak at the presents are things I use to do.  This sweet old picture is one I found at one of my favorite shops and it spoke of  the Christmas of my early years.
I remember my mom and grandmother pinning my hair.  I still picture in my mind the excitement I felt with our family members driving down to see us.  I wanted my children and grands to experience the fun.  To celebrate, my grand-boys and I got all the ornaments out and dressed trees in each room.  In the family room we put the tree in a white farm bucket and got all the fun Santa ornaments out.  We even got out some old toys.
And presto, all those childhood memories came to life!  Yes in living color.


A wonderful silk coverlet in an old wagon with a jolly handmade santa!




 The entry way to the living room has my soft winter whites and grays.



 Lavender to greet our senses







 I hope Santa is good to everyone...I still have some shopping to complete this weekend.  Hubby and I hope to get it some fun also!  Di
Joining...

   
Beyond The Picket Fence

2 comments:

  1. The inspiration photo for your charming vignette is just darling.

    I hope you are enjoying this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di