Thursday, December 26, 2013

Holiday Cooking

We made sausage biscuit bites for family and friends this year!  Yummy.  We made 4 batches and had to sample each tray, needless to say, that was our supper that night.  Recipe below*
 A great basic recipe, we added cheese, pancetta to some batches.

 Always perfect, stacked up!  Great to reheat in the oven for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
 Part of the fun is finding ways to package them up.  Two of my new ironstone finds
 My, favorite way of gifting my baked good is containers.  I have gotten my best ideas from Martha Stewart and Southern Living
This sweet Whitman's box went to my daughter that to me is a fairy princess!

These are from England and held cookies, I kept these for myself since I have add them for a long time.


 I packed these full for my boss.


 This one went to my daughter that loves all things French


Here is the recipe:  3/4 pound pork sausage; 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour; 2 tbsp. sugar; 1 tsp baking powder; 1/2 tsp salt; 1/2 tsp. baking soda; 1/2 cup shortening; 1 pk dry yeast; 1/2 cup shortening; 1 pk. dry yeast; 1/4 cup warm water; 1 cup buttermilk; Melted butter.  Cook sausage, crumble, drain and set aside.  Combine highlighted 5 ingredients, mixing well.  Then cut in shortening.  Dissove yeast in water, Add mixture to buttermilk, stir well.  Add this to Dry ingredients, mix well and then add sausage.  Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface, knead lightly 3 to 4 time.  Roll Dough to 1/2" thickness.  Cut with a 1 3/4" round cutter.  Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.  Brush tops with melted butter.  Bake @ 425 for 10 min. or until brown.  Yields 3 dozen biscuits.  
Di, Joining these sweet friends
Be Inspired Rooted In Thyme

Thursday favorite things

5 comments:

  1. Oh my.... those look so darn good! What a fabulous gift to give--- and to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Man oh man...those look sooo good! Thank you for sharing the recipe! Glad you are feeling better. Happy New Years!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. So once again, let me say that these look delicious and I adore your packaging.

    Have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di