Sunday, December 15, 2013

Holiday Traditions

Do you have favorite holiday tradition?  Whenever I start decorating I touch memories of my parents and the fun we had at Christmas.  Some of my favorite decorations come from my and hubby's parents.  My dad made wooden Deer for us.  I put them up the other day and this is what happened...
Photo: Today witnessed a tragic scene, here in Asheville a nefarious wind decimated a herd of peaceful wooden reindeer. Life may never be the same again!
My hubby posted a funny news statement "Today witnessed a 
tragic scene, here in Asheville a nefarious wind decimated a herd of peaceful wooden reindeer. Life may never be the same again!" 

 My dad would have laughed over this.

He and his friend would play jokes with these reindeer.  One year his friend tried to steal them.  I saw someone in the yard and yelled out, "someone is stealing the dear".  My frail dad about knocked me over trying to get to the door to stop them...hee hee it was his friend.  Such great memories.  I miss them so much.
Thankfully, I have my daughters and grandsons.
Holiday Shopping is always a hit with me.  My daughter and grandson took me to my favorite Antique Shop "Screen Door" and to Lunch.
  You know you go shopping way to much when your favorite shop keepers say "the grandboy sure is getting tall"!!  We love it.  So, some favorite shots around the shop...
The Santa's looked a little scary but fun!
 Yes Santa, really, I have been good
 Some favorite books in the book store
 Love this display
My Christmas ornament swap were great.  The snowman swap fits right in with my display in the living room
I will post more on my Christmas Decorations...Just a sneak peak at the display of the Winter Wonderland in the Living Room
My fairyland of white and grey
 My corner of the world, my favorite ornaments on a very sweet tree
 I have all the stocking hung, with the living room dressed.  My sweet red rocking chair by the fireplace.


My sweet little grandbaby excited about the tree!  This in one of the reasons we are here in North Carolina

Hope you week goes wonderfully well!  Di


I am joining the following parties:

 Savvy Southern Style for WOW , Green Willow Pond for What We Accomplished
 Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday, DIY by Design for Fall Into Fall
 We Are That Family for Works For Me Wed.,Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wed. 
 Craftberry Bush for Inspiration Gallery Thursday
  The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
 No Minimalist Here for Open House Party, Posed Perfection for All Things Thursday Hop
 Katherines Corner for Favorite Things, The Vintage Farmhouse for Creative Things 
 A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden,  Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
 Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
 The 36th Avenue for 36th Avenue Party

..Twigg studios

Boogieboard Cottage Antique, Vintage and Repurposed Decor Knick of Time Tuesday link party at KnickofTimeInteriors.blogspot.com

The Scoop Ivy and Elephants Join the fun here each Wednesday! Want to add a little "grey" to your dey? Then meet me here every Thursdey!
DIYShowOff

6 comments:

  1. Your grandson is so cute -- of course. :) (oops, I'm so tired I've forgotten what else I was going to say.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'fallen' reindeer crack me up. Your tree is lovely and your Grandson is darling! I too live near mine and it makes life pretty darn great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! I love the reindeer story and your cute red rocking chair made even more special with your grandson sitting on it. Visiting from Cozy Little House.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's feel like I'm visiting your house right now.

    Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm Clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-shop. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor reindeer, but that cute little grandson makes everything wonderful. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so cute, but the cutest "ornament" in that room is that darling grandlittle! How precious!

    xoxox

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di