Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pitter Patter

 I love the charm Ironstone brings and my heart goes pitter patter when I see it.  Last month I found quite a haul at the estate sales.
Stoneware, which, though
 dense, impermeable and hard enough to resist scratching 
by a steel point, differs from porcelain because it is more opaque. 

ST. JOHNS ST-JEAN QUEBEC IRONSTONE

Ironstone was developed in the 19th century by potters in Staffordshire, England as a cheaper, mass-produced alternative for porcelain.[4] Its name is derived from its notable strength and durability
Ironstone Mold, just beautiful, it called my name and yes, I answered.  It came home with me!



I don't know what kind of dish this is.  Is it an asparagus dish?  Whatever it is, it had me had the top, beautiful curves. 




And can you say sugar, honey?  Oh yes love that lid topper and handles.

This sweet tureen had to come home too!!  No laddle, but that didn't stop me one bit.




What sweet collections have you added to?  Diane

I am linking to
Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House 
Everyday Vintage at Helen's Legacy
Be Inspired Friday at Common Ground  
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season 
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style 
Your Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe with an E 
Vintage Inspiration Party at Knick of Time Tuesday 
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
 Centerpiece Wednesdays at Style Sisters

No Minimalist Here

13 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love your beautiful new collection. I always find ironstone hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lovely new elongated oval piece of ironstone has variously been referred to as a toothbrush or a razor box. Hard to tell from the picture what the pattern might be although it does look lovely. Congrats on adding a beautiful new piece to your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ironstone too! You've got quite the haul there! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful whites, Di! You have a beautiful collection and yes, it is hard to resist. Thank you for sharing at my HOME and have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow! you hit the jackpot! I love every single item. You can never go wrong with ironstone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane, Yes, it is for holding a toothbrush. I have one and I researched it thinking it was for the dining table too. I collect white ironstone and love the pieces that you found!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your ironstone. So beautiful. What great treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WOULD LIKE TO BUY YOUR WHITE DISH , YOU THIHK IS FOR ASPARAGUS , MARK ST-JOHNS P.Q.
    CONTACT ME ON MY EMAIL ADRESS : SANSA2GB@HOTMAIL.FR
    THANK S ...MIKE

    ReplyDelete
  9. I WOULD LIKE TO BUY YOUR WHITE DISH , YOU THIHK IS FOR ASPARAGUS , MARK ST-JOHNS P.Q.
    CONTACT ME ON MY EMAIL ADRESS : SANSA2GB@HOTMAIL.FR
    THANK S ...MIKE

    ReplyDelete
  10. I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THE ST JOHNS CHINAWARE , AT 50 $
    LET ME KNOW ....
    EMAIL ME AT GOSSELINMARCEL@HOTMAIL.COM
    HAVE A NICE DAY ...
    NADIA

    ReplyDelete
  11. I RECEIVED THE EMAIL FOR PAYMENT PAYPAL ...
    IS THE DISH IN PERFECT CONDITION , NO CRACKS OR CHIPS ?
    LET ME KNOW ...

    I LL PAY AFTER ...

    THANK S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di