Thursday, January 9, 2014

Recipe For Love

When I saw this sign I had to have it!  This is such a great recipe for everyone to follow.  Get the ingredients right and simmer.

This year will be our 40th anniversary.  My honey is wonderful, he loves my decorating, and lets me be as shabby as I want to be.
I love this column with it's beautiful gray chippyness.  I placed it next to my white fireplace to display my newest purse find.



Isn't that beading and hardware just divine.
So art deco, victorian.  My heart strings where singing over this!  So glad it came home with me.
The lining is so cool.  I can see a nest perched in here.

One more look at the column and purse...be still my heart.


1 Corinthians 13 4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. 

Love does not envy,

is not boastful, is not conceited,

does not act improperly,

is not selfish, is not provoked,

and does not keep a record of wrongs.

Love finds no joy in unrighteousness

but rejoices in the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things,

hopes all things, endures all things.

This passage was read at our wedding and has been held close to my heart all these years.


This is where my sign has ended up.  I will follow these words...
Di
Joining these lovely ladies:

Craftberry Bush
The Charm of Home : Home Sweet Home
Common Ground
Petite Michelle Louise : Grey Day Thursday
Katherine's Corner: Thursday Favorite Things
52 Mantels: Thursdays are your days
Ivy and Elephants: What it is Wednesday
Lambert's Lately: Create It Thursday
Jennifer Rizzo Fabulous Fridays

5 comments:

  1. Love the "Recipe for Love" sign! How cute! It would look so sweet hanging up in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful - married to your hubby for 40 years! Sounds like a great guy, especially since he loves your decorating. My hubby doesn't always 'get' what I do with decorating, but is supportive. :)
    Love that purse and what a wonderful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di, lovely. I love the sign. And we have the same bowl rack.. I dont see many of those. I will be married 27 yrs in May. Hard to believe.. Thanks for the reminder for Recipe Of Love. Can use it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just became your newest follower of your blog. I hope you like to follow back and have a happy and blessed new year 2014. Thanks for all the parties you hosted last year too!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it, I gave this sign to our neighbor for Christmas.Thank you so much for helping to make the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop so much fun Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di