Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Valentine Mantel



heart  noun \ˈhärt\

: the organ in your chest that pumps blood through your veins and arteries
: the front part of your chest
: the heart thought of as the place where emotions are felt


 :  the emotional or moral as distinguished from the intellectual nature: as

a :  generous disposition :  compassion <a leader with heart>
b :  loveaffection <won her heart>
c :  courageardor <never lost heart>

 a :  a playing card marked with a stylized figure of a red heart

b plural :  the suit comprising cards marked with hearts
c plural but sing or plural in constr :  a game in which the object is to avoid taking tricks containing hearts

 a :  the central or innermost part :  center

b :  the essential or most vital part of something
c :  the younger central compact part of a leafy rosette (as a head of lettuce)

  at heart
:  in essence :  Basically, Essentially
— by heart
:  by rote or from memory
— to heart
:  with deep concern
 As I was putting together my Valentine Mantel and putting away my Christmas Decoration, the thoughts of what Valentines Day meant kept playing in my mind.  All the items in this setting provoke memories of lovely times.  The definition of HEART means so much to me.  My HEART is certainly full of emotions.
 The French Mantel Clock is one my mom collected.  Little did I know those many years ago it would be in my house.  Her love of clocks came from her father who was a clock repair man, a clockmaker!  My mom learned the trade.
 The heart banner I made with my grandson, Ro, last year.  The bowl of hearts with my other Atti!  I love a pop of red in my deco.  The wicker chairs came from my Aunt Ann, she was one of my fathers seventeen siblings.  Yes, I had a great family growing up, they are all up in heaven now.  So my heart is full of love for my childhood of family gatherings.
 You can see the room evolution here.  I painted the walls with Benjamin Moore Linen White.  The fireplace with Anne Sloane White and the table with Olde White and Louis Blue.  The Angel Candles and Corbels were painted with Paris Grey.
 One fun game my parents thought me was HEARTS.  We would play for hours.  My hubby and I had so much fun playing and talking with my parents.  As a matter of fact we played for hours the night I went into labor with my first baby girl.  I made the sillest moves that night and my dad said I was distracted.  Who knew!!
 I am a compassionate leader, always have been.  I feel if you treat people like you would like to be treated, you will always error to the right.  You truly never know what other people are going thru.


Come sit a spell with me and lets have a cup of tea.  Tell me what HEART means to you!  Many heartfelt wishes to you, Di


I am linking to
Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House 
Everyday Vintage at Helen's Legacy
Be Inspired Friday at Common Ground  
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season 
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style 
Your Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe with an E 
Vintage Inspiration Party at Knick of Time Tuesday 
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
 Centerpiece Wednesdays at Style Sisters
Twigg Studios: Sunday Show Off
Craftberry Bush
The Charm of Home : Home Sweet Home
Common Ground
Petite Michelle Louise : Grey Day Thursday
Katherine's Corner: Thursday Favorite Things
52 Mantels: Thursdays are your days
Ivy and Elephants: What it is Wednesday
Lambert's Lately: Create It Thursday
Jennifer Rizzo Fabulous Fridays

9 comments:

  1. You mantel and room are just so beautifully decorated Di! I just love it all! Thank you for sharing this at the party this week! I am featuring it on my Facebook page today and have pinned it to the You're Gonna Love It Tuesday board on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I really like your 3-d heart garland and the decopaged Love piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di,
    LOVE the Valentine Mantel! I adore hearts, I have crocheted a few in the last few weeks.I hope to have a mantel on my bedroom fireplace before Valentine's day and I want to post my lovely valentine mantel!
    What an inspiration you are!
    hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I love your definition of 'heart' and your mantel looks great!! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sentiments and lovely mantle vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable. I stopped by for the Grow Your Blog hop and was enchanted by the eclectic look of your blog. I look forward to seeing more. (And I adored the ironstone post.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning :) I'm Your newest follower.I found You through 2 bags full grow Your blog party.You have a lovely home and I just LOVE that pretty heart garland on the mantle.Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am setting out my Valentine decor today. Thanks to you I got some fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di