Friday, April 25, 2014

Grey Days

 I know why the caged bird sings, ah me,
When his wing is bruised and his bosom sore,
When he beats his bars and would be free;
It is not a carol of joy or glee,
But a prayer that he sends from his heart's deep core,
But a plea, that upward to Heaven he flings –
I know why the caged bird sings

Maya Angelou

This past month has been difficult for me and hubby.  We lost a very dear friend who we have know since our school days.  He was like a brother.  We cried, our hearts very broken.  You see he survived a very large mass, it was benign and then died 2 weeks after with a blood clot. 
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthingand one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. 
30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 
31 Fear ye not thereforeye are of more value than many sparrows. Mattew 10:29-31
I was taking the puppies outside in the rain, feel and hit my head.  I didn't want to go to the ER but I thought of my dear friend and went...I had a concussion, but my scan showed my brain is normal.
Since I was put on brain rest...right...all I could do was think


Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heav’n and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me. 





I sing because I’m happy, I sing because I’m free,
love those grey overalls!!
For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.


  1. “Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
    And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
    Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
    His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
    His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.



  1. Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
    When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
    I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
    His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
    His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
This is what I thought of as I was trying to rest.  The sweet words of a very wise woman (Maya) and one of my favorite Hymns...His Eye is on the Sparrow (click to listen) helped give me peace of mind.


Thank you for letting my share some of my gray thoughts, but some times, gray is soothing and kind.  And it has brought a lot of gentle thoughts to my mind.
Di

Joining some dear friends.Want to add a little "grey" to your dey? Then meet me here every Thursdey!  Come Link Up at... The Scoop

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. It is so said to lose people, but we are so lucky to have them in our lives in the first place even if that is only for a short time.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. God give you comfort in the days ahead. So sorry too that you fell and hit your head. Sometimes, God show us in certain ways to slow down as this has happened to me as well. I hope you are feeling better and resting. Love this hymn and such a pleasant way to just be still in your thoughts. Your pics are lovely and peaceful.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend filled with many blessings.

    Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. So nice to see you.
    Hugs and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. Your post was beautiful and heart wrenching. As they say only time can heal the wounds. I too am suffering from a loss and the thoughts of my friend rush at me with sweet sorrow. May Peace Be With You.

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you Gigi, We sure are blessed to have our girls here to help with joy!

      Delete
  4. Hi Di, wow I love your puppies. What kind are they. So glad you are okay..So sorry for your loss. Sometimes these things sure put in perspective how blessed we are for each day we are given. There are no promises for tomorrow. Yesterday we happen to just come across a wreck that happened seconds earlier. One person was killed. All day I couldnt help but think what if that would of been us! Would I have told my kids how much I loved them, would I have been the best grandma to my Londyn, things like that. Thanks for listening to me. I hope you have better days ahead. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. We are very blessed. I am so glad you stopped by. I did have a wonderful day with my grandboys and hubby. Di

      Delete
  5. Oh, my heart goes out to you-so sorry for the loss of your dear friend! Love all your sweet pictures and uplifting words! Hope you're feeling better soon :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend. I lost a very dear friend about 9 years ago, and I cried until I felt like I could never cry again. Thanks so much for sharing all the sweet photos at Knick of Time Tuesday, and I'm glad to hear you are resting after taking that tumble. His eye is on the sparrow and you!

    Blessings,
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di