Thursday, June 26, 2014

Porch Projects continue

Paint, Paint and more Paint
We had to clean the deck, I had little helpers: puppies and Paddy



Big Brother decided to help.  Oh my does it need some extra loving care.


A leap for joy we are finished and ready for Pappy to scrub it and fix the supports.  Grannon will clean and paint the chairs.  This wrought iron set is from the 60's and I found it at my favorite antique mall in Winter Park Florida.  They were blue underneath, green when I bought it and now a black.  I went to Lowes and bought a rust proof glossey black.  All this cost us $99 and alot of work!

See those cushions, I can't believe I never recovered them.  So that is on my to do list too!



Fast Forward, while I worked on the chairs, hubby painted the deck.  Mine took an hour but the porch took a day and a half.  I helped hubby the next morning and finished it off.  We moved like bent over people for the rest of the week!



Next I placed the table on the porch, the black on the deck was a great contrast.



I worked on my cushions, I had never recovered seat cushions before.  I cut my fabric (fabric I bought last year!) and use a staple gun for the first time.  What a great feeling to accomplish that.

I added my earlier project of the Rabbit Foot Fern!  I can't wait to show you the rest of the porch...more to come.
Joining these fabulous people.  Di


Fun in the Sun Blog Hop A Stroll Thru Life Photobucket
Rooted In Thyme 
”Thursday
 Thrifty Life Thursday
Beyond The Picket Fence
Woods of Bell Trees

3 comments:

  1. Love the table and the colorful cushions on the chairs are beautiful. Great job.
    What would you do without little helpers?
    Found you over at Revi's Thrifty Life Thursday.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking great--I love the fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mixed patterns - it looks so fun and fresh! Thanks for sharing at Revisionary Life Thrifty Life Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di