Sunday, June 22, 2014

Summer Centerpiece

A summer centerpiece for my deck makeover was on my agenda today!  I started with a bags of shells.



I grew up in Florida and after I was married vacationed in Pawleys Island with my husband's family.  So collecting shells is something that is calming and fun.  I have lots of shells and out they came.

I had this great glass bowl and some ferns.

 I started layering the shells in the bottom of the bowl and up the sides.
 Next came the Rabbit's Foot Fern




Next came this sweet varigated tears









And yay a centerpiece for my table.  I can't wait to show you the deck.  I am going to share at the end of the week.  My projects to complete!
Di, Joining some fun friends

  JUNKINLOGO2  May 1 thru Oct 2,  2014
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home

5 comments:

  1. Looks great and looking forward to seeing the finished porch. Have a great week.
    Happy Summer
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful center piece Di! I'm visiting you from Kris's. I enjoyed your feature and I'm happy to be a new follower. I hope you will visit me when you can. And I'm from N.C. too.. Eastern, near Raleigh.
    Howdy neighbor!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVE, LOVE this! Seashells are one of my favorite things and adding the fern and little tears is so cool and refreshing. I'm pinning! :) Visiting from Amaze Me Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your centerpiece! Rabbits foot fern has always been one of my favorites and the shells add such a nice touch! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I've never thought of layering shells around a planting. I can't wait to see your deck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di