Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Collecting the things you love

 We are going to build a house!!  We are downsizing and moving next door to our daughter.
Here we are on our property and I can't wait to fill it with my things I love and new design elements to continue our story
 I want to incorporate some wrought iron at my front door
 Wouldn't this be an awesome island
 And yes I need some succulents around my house
 I want an island and will need stools, I love these
 Of course, I really want a mannie!
 Wouldn't this be fabulous to have on the porch
 Some more stools to consider

and yes a lovely tub filled with flowers would be wonderful to fill my dreams with joy.  That lovely dress won't hurt either!!
Hope your house is filled with the ornaments of joy that you have collected.  Di
A Stroll Thru Life  Thursday Favorite Things Button blog hop Elizabeth and Co. Come Link Up at... 
”Thursday
Katherines Corner

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! And how exciting to be building a house! So much fun dreaming about what you will fill it with. Wonderful that you'll be close to your family! Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos look they were taken at the Screen Door and the Tobacco Warehouse -- two of my favorite places!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a stainless steel table just like the one you are showing...I use it in my Gypsy workroom...love it!! Congratulations on building your home...I would love to do that someday. Beautiful pictures! Best, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the house. I agree the things you pick up over long periods of time and choose to keep, tell a lot about your journey. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a wonderful adventure you have ahead of you! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to smile reading your post. Just like us women to shop for treasures for our new homes even before they are built. I can identify. I had a tiny house - 8' x 24' (including the front porch) built and before it was started I had 3 kitchen tables, 11 chandeliers, and just TONS of treasures to fill it with. Good luck with your downsizing and with a smaller home life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di