Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Vintage Memories


Seeing vintage items makes me think of my childhood.  I remember my Nana getting stamps at the store and we would shop the catalog to redeem them.

Gold Bond stamps were used as customer incentives in many supermarkets and gas stations (and other businesses) and they could be redeemed for a large array of merchandise, from a set of steak knives up to a mink coat. 
Music jewlry boxes always bring a joy to my heart.  This one had a lovely song Lara's Theme from Doctor Zhivago

Lara's Theme


And my Nana had one of these pitchers in her house!


And who has scales and bell jars in their house!  I do.
What do you have that reminds you of your childhood?
Joining these fun blogs, Di

 

A Stroll Thru Life

1 comment:

  1. I love that old Gold Bond Stamps sign, signs like this cost a small fortune around here. I have so many treasures in my home that belonged to my nana and to my aunt...they all bring back wonderful childhood memories. Thanks so much for sharing at the Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di