Sunday, October 19, 2014

Vintage Wishes

A little metal work I found a one of the local shops.  This is from one person's collection and I fell in love with the simplicity of the items.
 These stacks of papers are pharmacy receipts.  I admired them from a far and thought they were wood!

 The iron urn in the cloche is holding a sweet little birds nest
 And the apothecary jars hold secrets from days gone by.
Sometimes the simple things bring a sweet joy to us, I hope your day was good and your week is filled with sunshine.  
Di
Joining Distressed Donna Down Home DWELLINGS-The Heart of Your Home Ivy and Elephants 

5 comments:

  1. I found one of those stacks of pharmacy receipts in Madison, GA. I love the look and you are right they do resemble wood. Thank you for sharing these lovely vintage items at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahh just love those apothecary bottles - fantastic.
    Thanks for your sweet comment Di.
    x Suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzi, thanks, I am so glad you are an inspiration to us!

      Delete
  3. Love the birdcage on the stand ... so unusual .. looks home-made.
    Thanks for sharing your vintage wishes.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Di, you found some beautiful treasures here. Especially the apothecary bottles, they're wonderful! Thank you for your sweet visit, I'm happy to come to your beautiful blog now. I'm going to follow you through bloglovin. Wishing you a beautiful day, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di