Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pictures and Christmas Joy



Do you have pictures and scraps that you love?  Of course you do.  I have loved looking at pictures ever since my grandmother introduced me to her suitcase of pictures.  We would pull the suitcase out every holiday we visited her.  Since then I have been a protector of those pictures and memories.
I have recently found these sweet pictures.  The little boy reminds me of my sweet grandson, Ro.  The girl with the bunny is just like my mom, haircut and all!  I started taking my bits of paper and lace and set out to make my self a sweet book.  But first I wanted to include my favorites in my first Christmas display.

 I added my two new("old") ironstone pieces
 I added my new White Christmas Button Book from Terri Wilkerson

 The images are so beautiful and serene.  I feel like I am in a dreamy winter day filled with light and stars.









 A beautiful start to the Christmas season...



 May your week be filled with light and laughter.  Di
                                     Joining




Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Thoughts from Alice
Boogieboard Cottage Vintage Inspiration Party
 TPB Party Info Banner
Ivy and Elephants A Stroll Thru Life

7 comments:

  1. That's just beautiful. Love all the buttons. Don't you love old pictures. I think because there weren't many taken back then, it makes them even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Di what a gorgeous display for the Christmas season made all the more beautiful by that delightful Christmas Button book - simply so sweet. I know you will have fun with your picture book with all those fond memories from your Grandmother and the photos in her suitcase! Enjoy!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your lace book and those vintage photos. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been spending time searching for the best Christmas greetings messages and card samples, or maybe gift ideas as early as now. Would like to express my love for those who've supported me the whole year round. Thanks for some ideas here!. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - good weblog, just looking around some blogs, seems a pretty good platform you are utilizing.
    SPARTAGEN XT Im presently utilizing Wordpress for a few of my sites but looking to change 1 of them around to a platform similar to yours like a trial run. Anything in specific youd recommend about it?
    There are post-modern slants on this issue.http://www.webheathcare.com/spartagen-xt-

    scam/


    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! Thanks for sharing the information. That is very helpful for increasing my knowledge in this field.
    happy wheels
    super mario bros
    pacman
    agario

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcomes to google terminal keep sharing such ideas in the future as well.
    google snake this was actually EARN TO DIE
    what i was looking for,and i am glad to came here! AGE OF WAR 2
    Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while HAPPY WHEELS
    I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! Slitherio
    Amazing insight you have on this, Slither io This article always blew me BIG FARM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di