Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Red, White and Blue, Saluting our Heroes

 Thank you to our veterans!  The men in my mom and dad's families served in all the wars.  I am so proud to say I am an Army Brat.  My dad served this country in the Korean War, World War II and helped ready for Vietnam.
 Red, White and Blue

I am so proud of my grandson, Ro.  He proudly sports the medal that my dad presented him as a baby.
 My dad was not doing well and wanted my grandson to have one of his medals.  He gave him he medal of honor!  Ro tells everyone how brave his POPS was and how he fought so we could bring freedom to Europe.

Here they are when Ro was little and dad gave him the medal!  My dad passed away soon after this.

 We salute our heroes past and present!





Have a wonderful week
Di


1 comment:

  1. How sweet it is that the grandson honors his grandpa by wearing his medal. So fitting a story for this special day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di