Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Zappa Toscana

I'm Baby it's cold outside!  It is also rainy. So, I thought so hot soup was in order. 
 I just happened to have all the ingredients in the house. I had been to The Chop Shop, a great butcher shop in Asheville, and bought a wonderful assortment of sausages. I also had fresh kale right outside my door. I planted these late fall vegetables and thought I would have a salad one day. But no, I harvested it.

The kale is so fresh and tender. Here is the recipie 

Zappa Toscana
1 lb spicy sausage - I used chorizo sausage and Italian
4 russet potatoes 
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup bacon
32 oz chicken stock
1/2 bunch kale
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Salt
Pepper
Paprika or cayenne pepper. I used smoked paprika because I didn't want extra spice


 Brown the sausage, then slice it put in the crockpot. Peel the potatoes and chop, place in pot with cropped onion and garlic. Add stock and then water to cover all.  Stir and cook on high for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 on low, or until potatoes are soft. 

30 min prior to finish
Take 2 tbsp on flour and mix into cream, add into pot with kale. Cook on high for 30 minutes to thicken. When ready add bacon on top and serve

One of the easiest winter soups I have made. I found my recipe from my friend on Facebook and the last picture on my recipes.com, http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/zuppa-toscana/print

I hope you try it. Di











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di