Saturday, March 18, 2017

Fabric fun


I have been wanting a brush holder ever since I saw the ones created by Jeanne Oliver. Hers are made from vintage European grain sacks.  I love fabric, linen grain sacks and vintage curtains. I seem drawn to fabric when I am out and about.

Recent trip to Fletcher NC I found a roll of beautiful Maltese fabric for $19. I just old the leave it there. So I dug thru my fabrics and picked some favorites. Then, I surfed Pinterest and found a great tutorial. 

I followed the directions and started sewing. It became addictive. Each holder became my favorite. I made one for my nieces birthday present and she loved it. We can't wait to have a painting day.

I love toile and my favorite combo blue and white 
Even my brushes for painting with the chalk paints have their own folder made from a grain sack and vintage fabric 
 It even has that bit of rust (or is that dirt) .

I can't wait to try my next project!
Di




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di