Saturday, March 11, 2017

Uncommon Hearts

I found a wonderful old, falling apart crazy quilt.  I couldn't leave it lying in the estate sale.  It was asking me to take it home.

Ok, I would be glad to have you in my safe arms.  The lady checking me out said, I hope you don't cut it up.  Did she read my mind?  Because it was ragged, the silk shredding.  I told her I have great plans for her.  Wouldn't it be better to share her with people than her being thrown away.

I feel so connected to the ladies that put these stiches in this fabric.  I wanted to create something special, so those hours, skills and special get togethers to create were not wasted.

When we got home she sat waiting for new life.  Then I remembered my great teacher, Susan Edmondson, made wonderful necklaces with her stiching.


So me and miss quilt had a date.  I started my series of "Uncommon Hearts" for a Common World.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/498301788/uncommon-heart-1?ref=ss_listing




3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to give this quilt new life and have it appreciated by many :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! You saved this beautiful quilt in a very creative way. My favorite is the open pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this ideas. Great Posts with great information. Thank you from our team http://www.happybirthdayfor.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di