Thursday, April 25, 2013

Beach, Sand and Shells






I love the beach, sand and especially the shells

I am getting my mantle ready for the warmer weather, but then I heard we are going to have freeze warnings tonight...what's a girl to do but continue dreaming of the beach





 I finally got the rest of my boxes from our move unpacked and there were my beautiful shell topiary's


This Lennox shell is beautiful and a great addition to the mantle
I have collected all things beach since I grew up in Florida, we went to the beach all the time and are some of my happiest memories of mom and dad

Now that we have gathered all the elements let me show you the mantle


Such a fun mantle to celebrate my love of the surf and visit beautiful memories.  I still plan to paint the bricks, just gathering up my courage!






I hope your day has some sunshine and joy, Di
                               Joining,


Beyond The Picket Fence Faith, Grace, and Crafts
 thursday favorite things button
 
Boogieboard Cottage Join the fun here each Wednesday! 
Ivy and Elephants

14 comments:

  1. Hello DI, I absolutely LOVE your sea shell trees. Your mantel display is exquisite. Love it.. May I ask you what kind of branch you used for your wee tree?? Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful collection of beach theme pieces. I love your shell vases and the lovely shell trees. Your are ready for the warmer weather and sunny skies!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantle is just beautiful. I have collected some sea shell things over the years, but I realized looking at this that I have never done a shell mantel. Now, I want to do one.

    And I really love that seashell topiary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sea shells, beaches, sand, and relaxing sun and this post is lovely. Your mantle is super nice. Found you at Thursdays Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Di,
    Love all your beachy memorabilia, how nice they have such fun memories of your MOM and DAD. I live in Florida myself, so where bouts in Fl did you live?
    All your goodies made for a very pretty coastal mantle. Know you must be enjoying it.............I will be going coastal too in another month or so...
    Especially loved all those lil shell angels, so adorable.

    Blessings, and nice to meet you hear in blogland,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, really breath taking! Oh, I can see how you would have to get courage to paint the bricks.....Take a deep breath and go for it, it will look great!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to start doing some beachy themes .... that is, when we find a place in SC! I dream of sea foam green and soft, sky blue. Textures of shells and bottles gracing a mantle. You are inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Di, you won the Everyday Icing giveaway on my blog. I need your email address to send to them.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOOO pretty!! I especially love the bottles. I'm a new follower and cannot wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di ...

    Congratulations you are our 6th Place Sweet Magnolias Farm Ball Jar giveaway Winner !!!

    Come visit the post for our e-mail and let us know where to send your prize !

    Happy Spring ..Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shells make a beautiful mantel display!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love all of your beachy touches! I'm doing a beach theme for my porch and wish I had some of your goodies! Coming over from Knick of Time, and a happy new follower. =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool! I collect shells also. Maybe someday a post will result.... In the meantime I will enjoy your post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that look...so fresh! I can't wait to see the look of the fireplace after you paint it. I'm sure you'll love it after you're done. Appreciate you joining the Old Time Party!
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di