Here is a tour of the cute cottage we are renting until we know the area.
 |
| Street view, we park UP the drive on the side of the house |
 |
| The steps leading down to the mailbox across the street |
 |
| The entry way to the front sun porch |
I found this cute little cottage in one day! Flew in stayed 2 nights and thankfully after viewing 4 different houses in Weaverville and Burnsville saw this.
 |
| The entry way, tight quarters to fit all my pretties. |
 |
| Front sunroom |
 |
| The back of the sunroom sitting area, everything slats to the right because of the slope. |
I had to make a quick decision on a place because we were going to move in a month! Have you tried to explain a space and decribe the details to your hubby?
 |
| Living room, media room ( a little tight but works well, we had to trade our big screen for this one) |
 |
| Mimi and Papa's chairs |
|
| View into the dining room |
He could not visualize anything. It didn't make his list because: 1. No garage 2. Laundry room in a space outside house 3. No fireplace.
But, I had a vision...cottage. It was a chance to see if we could downsize and it was so cute. Besides it was already painted with my colors...blue and white
 |
| Dining room, had to take the leaf out to fit it in. |
We have alot of our family collectibles and items I have found over the years. I'll tell you about the estate sale later (oh the agony)
 |
| View from Dining Room to Kitchen. |
I unpacked my curtains and linens and everything worked out great.
 |
| Guest bedroom with my cottage Eastlake painted bedroom set (hubby almost sold it). |
 |
| One of my custom pieces (French Windows made into a beautiful wardrobe). |
 |
| guest room bathroom, black and white, oh la la. |
I have my mom's clocks (3 unpacked, 2 wall and 1 mantel clocks still packed .
But I was able to get up my hubby to hang my favs.
 |
| Our bedroom, the king size bed fit (thank goodness, I promised hubby it would) Of course, I didn't measure. I will tell you the story of the wardrobe I bought that didn't fit in a later post. |
 |
| Master bathroom |
Back sunroom is our main entry. We park our cars outside. There is a guest room downstairs with a bathroom but you have to go outside and down some steps to get to that area. It doesn't connect to the house. For us it works well as our office/craft/guest room. I will show that in the next post.

I hope you enjoyed my mini tour. I will add the downstairs and awesome finds the next time. Until then I hope your weekend was safe and dry and out of Irene's path.
Safe journey's
Di
Oh Diane I love it!!!! I am so proud of you, Miss Tech Savvy!!! Hope all goes well with the job news. I really love the site
ReplyDeleteHold on Diane, I'm on my way. I already love Asheville & I love antiques & cottage decor. We actually have a lot in common on this front. So happy to see that beautiful guest bedroom, it will be so great to live in when I get there!! You have done a fantastic job decorating & describing! Can't wait to see what is next!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Diane,
ReplyDeleteCatie from Catie's Corner. Thank you soo much for your lovely comment about my comment on Thrifty Decor Chick's blog. I was a little surprised by it. Glad I inspired you though. : ) Your home is soo sweet. I LOVE it! The town looks like it's out of a movie. I used to live in a community, here in Calgary, that's called Mount Pleasant. It was pleasant too. : )
Keep at your blog!! You'll get the hang of things. I'm no pro, but I'm working towards it. Stop by anytime and say hi!
~ Catie
Oh, and I'm your newest follower. : )
Diane,
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you...i'm getting inspired by you. take care, karen b.