When your day starts out with MiMi I like your earrings and necklace and ends with Ro telling his parents he had a big day, all is right with my world.
We headed out to our favorite place The Screen Door. Antiquing and reading is our thing to do today.
Reading in this charming place is so cozy
Today was a 5 book day for Ro and great book for Me
Now I love this Truck with flowers by Annie Seike
Next we went to a lovely shop Eagledove Greenhouse on Swannanoa River Rd. It is right up the road from The Tobacco Barn and Oddfellows Antique Mall. The Greenhouse has great plants, antiques, chickens and organic feed. The owner was having a sale of some of her collectibles, they have the most marvelous gardens in the spring. She was kind enough to show Ro the chickens and bunnies.
She has beautiful chickens that lay blue, green and brown eggs. Ro found a cool rusty box and wouldn't let it go, he didn't want anyone else to have it!
I got this chair for free, what they didn't pay me to take it away (comments from my family)
Such a nice day and great to meet Rhoda!
Di
Privet and Holly for Monday Words
What a lovely day! I can't wait to see what you do with the springs and the wood from the chair. I love tarnished silver, too. :)
ReplyDelete-Revi
Following over from DebbieDoo's. That chair would have come home with me too despite looks of shock from my husband...lol. Love the silver piece too. Silver is one of my many weaknesses.
ReplyDeleteLooks like such a fun day!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cutie! Btw, I appreciate that you took the time to join us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) Your latest follower as well.
ReplyDeleteYou found some great finds with your little helper along.
ReplyDeleteYour newest follower, Mary Alice
Wow! I love your taste in junk as some would call it... but we all know it's treasures.
ReplyDeleteLisa
What a fun day you had. I would have bought everything you bought. The parts of that chair have great potential. My kind of day!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day. I can't wait to see what you do with the springs, I have an old box spring that I need some inspiration for.
ReplyDeleteA few blogger friends and I have collectively introduced a fun challenge for January. It would be so awesome if you want to participate! http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog
Sounds like you had a wonderful and interesting day. And getting the chair for free was quite the deal. I've seen repurposed springs used in some very creative ways. I'm your newest follower and I hope you can pop over to Cottage and Creek and follow back.
ReplyDeleteLynn
You found some wonderful treasures. Your little "helper" did a great job helping you...what a cute little boy! Sounds like the perfect day from beginning to end. I'm visiting from lovely Suzanne's Monday Moments.
ReplyDeleteThis post makes me
ReplyDeletemiss the days when
my little buddy was
5 and his sissie was
9 and in school. He
was always a very good
shopper and treasure-
hunter with his mama : )
Thanks for linking to
Monday Moments!
xx Suzanne