Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Shrimp and Grits

July is here and the 4th is coming quick
 We are getting ready for the family to enjoy the day, how about you?  
I wanted to share a recipie I made while on the coast of North Carolina...Shrimp and Grits

 We stopped at a local mill and bought the grits, they cooked up so pretty and of course I had to add butter!
 I cooked my shrimp in a little butter, about 

10 each.  Just about 30 to 45 seconds,

 until pink.  Next remove from pan, slowly 

add cream and let reduce until thickened. 

Season with salt and pepper.


I lined the shrimp around the plate and 

poured the sauce over the grits! And 

garnished with green onion.

A simple but delish dish!


 These are pictures from our recent vacation and I can't think of a cozier setting to relax
 I plan to relax, enjoy my family and have a cookout



I hope you have a wonderful 4th!
DiJoin the fun here each Wednesday!
Thursday Favorite Things

   French Country Cottage Photobucket
Ivy and Elephants

3 comments:

  1. looks like you're ready to have some fun on the 4th! I'm a transplanted Californian and over the years have acquired a love for grits but not a shrimp lover. If I was, it looks pretty tasty! Visiting from Timewashed Wednesday.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that hot pink bike! So girly and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those purple chairs....and when you show shrimp I miss my home state of Florida...Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di