I love to embroider and sew. I had rescued some old quilts and decided to do a few fun projects.
I adore the scenery in Pennsylvania Dutch county. When I saw the laundry hanging on wash day, I was inspired to make “Quilts On A Line”.
I took the quilts that were falling apart and made mini versions.
I loved them and have sold several sets. They look so cute hanging from a shelf or in the laundry room.
As I was cutting one of the quilts, I notice there were layers of different fabrics. These ranged from feed sacks to wool to items of clothing. I carefully pealed back each layer to preserve the history of the sewn layers. I decided to incorporate the pieces of fabrics into my other creations as well. I made pockets and pocket hearts to hold treasures.
I am offering these on my Etsy CottageWishes as well! I will share more pictures how I incorporated into my Christmas decorations in my next post.
Have a wonderful day.
Di
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di