They have held herbs, mixtures and healing powders
The colors are bold and the pattern beautifulThese jars are newer but when we went to Salem-Winston, NC we went to old Salem and visited an Apothecary shop
Now, these bottles are the real thing. Can you image the healing power that were found through natural herbs?
Now I am sure that it was hit and miss but in their time they were life savers
Love these herbs
The tools of the trade are so awesome
As a nurse it was so cool to see all the tools of the trade. Di



I don't know if they truly all worked or not, but I'm sure some of them did and I do wish we still did some medicinal needs the old fashioned way. What a great collection of vintage pharmacy necessities!
ReplyDeleteI agree, it would probably be good if we used more of the natural remedies today! Love all the old apothecary jars.
ReplyDeleteMary Alice
Some unique apothecary items that I'd love to display! I enjoy vintage glass bottles and my collection seems to be growing. Clear, amber, and green are some of my favorites to find, collect, and show-off!
ReplyDeleteLove, love the old bottles...
ReplyDeleteI have several old bottles that I have collected over time and most I have found at an old glass dump just up the beach from mine. The find was wonderful but not so good for the beach areas nearby. During very high water a few years ago the water undermined a steep bank where from years back was on old bottle dump. The water dragged the bottles into the water, yikees! We have spent a few years now cleaning up all the bottles and such and think we have gotten most of it now.
Visiting from Common Ground.
Thanks for sharing today.