Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I'm Dreaming of White Buttons

 Winter White Button Book Swap was so much fun.  I participated with some great creaters

Laurie Jackson @ Button Floozies hosted this wonderful button swap.  I have collected buttons for years and it was fun to create something for someone else

Button Floozies Button Book Swap 2014

My book was filled with lace, paper and buttons
I built a snowman!

I found so much joy in creating.  I spent time selecting each piece.  My grandson helped me build the snowman on a snow day!  How appropriate...
We watched frozen the night before to get ready for the snow!  It only lasted one day but gave us inspiration.


 Pieces of lace and buttons repupose in such a meaningful way.  Who knows what function they performed before this.  I love creamy white and used a vintage baby sock as well.


I used my favorite papers and quotes.  I incorporated a vintage handkerchief and many secret pockets

I stuffed this pocket with small buttons
I did put a touch of color in on my last page.  I used a page out of an old cook book and added some vintage petite candy canes!
 
imageTerri at The Junque Seeker is my swap partner and you will not believe what I received
I am thankful for my blogger friends.  I hope you all have a great week and a Happy Thanksgiving.   joining so fun people now
Di


Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
THE SCOOP- hundreds of creative projects, decor, christmas diy's, and inspiration- stonegableblog.com  Inspire Me TuesdayVintage Inspiration Party Ivy and Elephants

10 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely idea! Love your button book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book is beautiful and so heartfelt, Diane! I know you and Terri really spoiled each other -- such a fun swap! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book is really pretty! It looks like it was fun to put together. I love the idea of secret pockets!
    Magistra13 at yahoo.com
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. your book is so beautiful and creative and of course love the buttons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous collection! I've been sharing pics of my vintage buttons on instagram if you like to look at pretty things :) Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful your book is dear Di! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Di! Your winter white button book is a feature tonight on Make It Monday. Come on over and grab a feature button.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Old buttons make great projects! Your book is very cute!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is just something beautiful about vintage lace and buttons and bows.... Lovely photos. :)

    http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2014/11/finally-finished-quilt.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific job here. I genuinely enjoyed what you had to say. Keep heading because you
    Action Fuel PRO unquestionably bring a new voice to this subject. Not many people would say what youve said and still make it interesting. Properly, at least Im interested. Cant wait to see additional of this from you.Pretty fine post.
    http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/action-fuel-pro/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di