Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sweetheart

I thought my mantel looked pretty good but then I saw Adlerberry Hill's post on paper hearts.  I felt my mantel needed a little touch.  I think the pop of hearts helped.  

 First I took my favorite pattern of hearts and traced a pattern and cut out hearts from a coverlet I picked up at a tag sale for $5.  The reds were perfect.
 Next, I followed Sarah's tutorial on her fluttering heart banner.  It did just take 20 minutes!
 See how sweet everything looks, the heart banner just brings that perfect touch.

 I just loved how the hearts gave that color I was needing for the room
 I found this fabric at the local Hospice Estate Sale, they had all this beautiful fabric going for half price
                      The rosy reds go with my lamp and rugs.
 I also found this beautiful heart at that estate sale...Wedgewood, this goes perfect with my collection which I will share later this week


Until next time have a glorious week!  Di......Sharing with these fabulous ladies

Pearls and Lace Thursday Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #60 and a bel monili Giveaway!
Homespun Happenings
Boogieboard Cottage

2 comments:

  1. So good to see you again! It looks great! Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di