n.
Peace My Dear Friends, Di
Sharing with Faded Charm White Wednesday and My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Mantels

1. An ornamental facing around a fireplace. Also called regionally mantelpiece.
2. The protruding shelf over a fireplace. Also called mantelpiece, mantelshelf; also called regionally fireboard.
Usually you would have a fireplace but we don't have one in our cottage. We did have a fireplace but during this cottages reno they took it out to add the master bedroom and bath. Gosh, I wish they would have kept it...we could use it.
So what is a girl to do. I took the literal definition on #2, mantel shelf, the protruding shelf over "a fireplace". Okay, I have a protruding shelf over my buffet...it will work.
Peace My Dear Friends, Di
Sharing with Faded Charm White Wednesday and My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Mantels
Love it! Beautifully done. Following you my friend. Diane
ReplyDeleteprotruding shelf over a buffet. i think that works. heck, i merely use a hall table...really, i use any and all flat expanses that i can find, lol!
ReplyDeleteI love the eclectic mix, and all the things in your "Cottage Wishes" assemblage. I should probably follow you then, right? Glad to find you through White Wednesday. :)
ReplyDelete-Revi
No fireplace, no matter - your mantle looks gorgeous ! I'm not a minimalist either !!!
ReplyDeleteHoping you'll follow me back to justpaintitwhite.blogspot.com