Master Bedroom Project
I brought all my favorite pieces with me on our move from Florida to North Carolina
When I first saw the house, all the rooms were painted this greenish-brown. It made the rooms seem dark.
| This is the bedroom when we saw the house |
| The walls are still dark and the wall to wall carpet not my taste but better |
| I moved our bed under the two windows and added my cream but I wanted my walls cream also |
![]() |
| I had to put 2 coast of Kilz on to cover that color. This worked so well for me because of the Zero VOC...we had to sleep there during the process |
![]() |
| This is with the first coat - Kilz, you can still see some of the brown showing thru |
| This is the after...I love the calm creamy linen color |
| The finished product, Benjamin Moore Linen...I am liking the calm finish...Oh and the chandy that hubby hung for me! |
| I turned my camera to soft setting to show the soft tones of the room. This is the dresser that I painted last year with Anne Sloan Olde White |
| My reading corner with my set of suitcases that hold pictures and fabric |
| My cabinet filled with my favorite pictures and family quilts |
| More favorite bedcoverings and my side table with my favorite lamp |
| My dresser and favorite things |






I absolutely love your room, I love the cream and the dream drapes, love the light, oh my what a difference, it looks like it is full of life and light love that,,,,Phyllis...Come on over for a visit would love you to meet my goules ...
ReplyDeleteIt turned out beautifully - even the carpet looks okay because of how gorgeous everything else looks!!!
ReplyDeleteXOXO
What a pretty room, very calm and restful!!! It takes time when moving into a new home to make it your very own......
ReplyDeleteYou've chosen such beautiful soft colors for your bedroom. It's such a pleasant and restful room now. I love your chandy...I'm so jealous! You know here in FL we have to have a ceiling fan! lol Love the cabinet for all of your pretty things, too! ENJOY! It's GORGEOUS!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the new paint...I think it enhances everything in the room and really changes the light. Made me want to lay down and have a quiet afternoon reading in there...very peaceful. :)
ReplyDeleteSo classic and so serene. Sweet dreams!
ReplyDeleteHello Di! My name is Katy and I'm the social media coordinator for KILZ brand products. Great job on your bedroom redo project! We are glad our primer worked great for your project! We would love for you to share your experience with our primer by writing a review. Visit our review page, select the product you used, rate and write a brief review and hit submit - it's that simple! We appreciate the feedback! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteReview page link: http://www.kilz.com/primer/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=8ad359ff4f72d310VgnVCM100000176310acRCRD
Thank you so much for linking up at my Furniture and Paint party!! I am pinning this!! Hope to see you again tonight !
ReplyDeleteBrooke
startathome.blogspot.com