The beauty of old buildings calls to me. The history surrounds them and you wonder who wandered around?
Looking at this quiet pasture, it feels like all is right. But in reality this was the first time I was out doing a drive, to get my hair cut.
My hair needed a trim, probably like most the nation. My hairdresser just opened this week. She had to move out of her space downtown because of the stay at home order.
Her new space is her tiny home. It is a lovely cabin on their property. It was a bed and breakfast but due to Covid-19, she had to cancel all reservations.
I appreciate all that small businesses have to do to survive these times. With my mask on, I went in and had the best hour! It felt so nice and as normal, as it could be with both of us having our masks on!
These times are different and difficult for so many. I was grateful for a moment to enjoy a haircut. Of course, we discussed the reactions, good and bad, of people during this pandemic.
I am so grateful that my family have been healthy. We have been at home and my children, now adults, have been our supporters. Being a healthcare worker, this is the first time I am not in the thick of the healthcare industry. I had retired in January and was doing a consulting job when the pandemic roared its ugly head.
Doing a routine act, the simple pleasure of a haircut, making it a treasured moment.
I hope you take a moment to do an act of pleasure for yourself. A walk in your yard to look at the sky and just breathe. If you are working or going outside your safe space be healthy.
 |
Add caption
|
Di, joining
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di