Saturday, May 23, 2020

Botanical paper dying

It has been raining here in Western  North Carolina. I had promised my nieces I would do natural paper dying. To do this we needed to pick fresh leafs, flowers, whatever strikes our fancy!!
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1upp8HYD5auOvm-yZPX4R3NaqxgS-m5m0


It was drizzling and we headed out to the yard and neighborhood with our scissors. We ventured to the neighbors and even to the roadside. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1vL7mMj9Cd3tKPv5VO-QxD_Yn4pOf2Sez
I spotted a mushroom in my neighbor’s yard and picked up her dropped pink and red rose petals. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=118o33JhYiNKu3uzCMao5SUptgwHHngcV
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ztLX1hVG0QMtmoXmhG7FfWQCKTDf7Doz
We took our assortment of papers and picked out weeds, flowers and leafs to make our designs. I had bought some letters from a friend in Michigan. She sent a stack from the 1900’s. My niece read the letter and didn’t want to use it because it was so lovely.   
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Ou6TTC-h-qUy4YnD6wFZC7pyFf8byKxI
It start “my Darling girl”. Oh so special. Anyway. As the packets were soaking we shared thoughts of boys, friends and dreams. It was such a special afternoon.   
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1gC4Xdjisuv7QpCKSBpzp8QCDtqUVPGqK
We pulled our papers out and we’re excited for them to dry and talk about our next project.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1lTJWfP_DdVXUVceDi-hnyrlSHmJSB03Z

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1w-rMsh7AeGB9TX7BqRrL9q-K6Ntpa4ja

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1oBYMj8D-MADEWkjrdFKej1W8FpbjbchT
We are excited for the next step of adding elements to our pages. Journals, art, cards and embroidery. 

Di
Joining


Create, Bake, Grow & Gather weekly link party. Friday to Wednesday.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di