Saturday, May 30, 2020

Creating Fabric Art

Vintage fabrics and needle crafting go hand in hand. When I find a quilt, fabric or vintage clothing my mind thinks “what can I do with that?”.  
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1KqlwmbJuy7he5V_yZBfHZ2X6AVY9UznK

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1uUC0EguFR0CPMA8fppeI5Z1lFOQ3B0df

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1GGc7BWAacECepq-J7fj_6I6Bjjha2gzQ

I started marking prayer flags after a master quilter started teaching us to make prayer flags.
I was addicted to creating these miniature pieces of art.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1nRcsZH09ssl8s3SkACgila003iuA0O1i


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1UMMCHE4IJY-vOydGJ-eGJvQtZ11AyuJS

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1sCrcq3fAOpOfc4OHepYZX-M3S2VVa36V

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1yYGwa8hlZM3YK2Rrvz9xoOOmLzeQfrC9

I was drawn to these sweet baby dressess.  I started embroidering and creating a memory dress.


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1IEJBXCELzNi5gj3fhJEkTdZ3j3E9RF90

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1PpEkllWeyAY-bXVPvZFUK2GurPjgrW1g

I use pictures on fabric paper, vintage fabrics, laces and embrodiery threads.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1B91jGU-CfHZoD9e4w6oAdDRXTAu4Y8pl

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1LoGbkT7zzlFuaLeNa9diSG0Tuz8UeMZt

Sweet little babies!
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16j9u0iE1JPYCjQHYnh6npLYTFcDfhkso

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1RKxbUlX7VoFCkshLWrxMHmaDV1DT_LhX

I display these by vintage hangers.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1uERhBCpxY-1-WLFzcWKlaPOkOytMdxxe

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Smw1nsJv38N8RZLVefvnFXXHcK1zq593

Marian @ Miss Mustard Seed did a blog post on Framing a Baby Dress.  I followed her lead and framed my dress.  

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=13cJd_ZPcxkS4nnhquhHVVvUyACwVCTFu

Broches and pins are fun to make as well.  They add a beautiful texture to outfits and art.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1XxoO2yELpILG1N_rfx0gCPbroFrRUUqS


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1t2Pgwgr9LSldN6QYei3uQK_mD5F9IqB_



https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1891wkwrO8fszZIiss2WP_D4S-xpgDWCq

I have found that jackets are inspirational to stich.  Slow stiching is so calming to my mind.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1iVgUqh-y02Vs-aXIU8UtZxH2csWbwcbt

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=11yol0I_nTB8Ih-KUQjBzjRxd75zLG-Fq

I will continue on my fabric journey.  "Sail On " was created on a vintage chenille quilt with laces and seed sack fabrics.  

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1cpOwt-zCPtRtO2i96a5MSkeiBZJh3jvT

Di,
Joining



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di