Thursday, May 14, 2020

Tale of the Mirror

The tale of the mirror started last year.  When visiting our aunt in Pawleys Island, SC, the mirror was in the garage.  It was from the house that she bought.  She had downsized from her home and couldn't leave her mirror behind.  Her sweet husband had given a beautiful mirror and she hung hers up.

The mirror in the garage was heavy and large! Also, it was a greeny turquoise color.  That is not my color at all.  
But, it is a Drexel 18th Century Classics piece.  Needless to say, I took it (I should say hubby carefully packed it in the truck).  Here is how it would look orginally.

Enter Anne Sloan paint, my go to.  I get my advice and paint from Linda @ Myfreshpalette.  I choose Paris Gray and White.  I did an undercoat of white and covered with paris gray.  I like the paints like this so I can sand to let the white slightly show through is places.  I waxed it with clear and in some areas white wax.




Here is the finished mirror on the wall.  It does bring light into the room!  I will have Gigi over to view the room in person to see if there is a better flow.


Meanwhile I will work on pillows!!  Joining 
Di 


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!! Please leave a comment or a question, I would love hearing from you! If you would like to hear back from me, please make sure to add your email to your google account. Di